Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It is REAALLLY cold!!

My  area is reaaallllyyyyy cold, but no snow yet. It is freakin cold!!!  The area is flat, dry and cold…more like tundra.  The people speak Sutu Or Xhosa. I speak neither.... haahahaha and the language and area is soooo hard to learn because it all looks the same and the roads are windy. Foods the same.  I do most of the cooking. My specialty is BBQ and my companions is steamed bread!  The church buildings look similar to the ones in the State’s but smaller.  I’m getting to know the members. They like Cali boys.  The YSA ladies are great for referrals.  Weird enough,.   Annnnd yea I’m really tired of RSA and there stupid holidays. There like always on a Monday and I haven’t gotten a good email day in like 3 weeks because of it.  I’m like out of groceries too because of it. eish.

I had an experience this past week where I was teaching a lady, whom I thought was a member, a lesson, but it turns out she was not and know she wants to be baptized!  Weird, but great experience. 


Love
Elder Scoot./ Elder Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment